NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello to everyone...!!!

MDan

Well, this is the awkward " first " thread to a new forum. We've all been there....lol....my Rottweiler forum, my saltwater fish forum, and now my first African Grey forum....don't have too much time at the moment, just wanted to say hi y'all and hope to have many discussions with everyone here. Gotta run, but real quick so you know what's happening. My neighbor had to get rid of his 4 year old African Grey " Frankie " for personal reasons. I've always loved going over with the kids to see Frankie and was literally quite shocked when he asked me if I wanted him. Of course I said " yes " and the next thing, we have a new member of the family...!!!...he's super cool and very mellow. So far I'm the only one who he will let touch, scratch his head, closes his beak on my finger in a very gentle way, etc..... Gonna need advise, tips, pretty much everything. But I really have to go....been a pleasure and ill be sure to post more and hope to post pics....have a great day.....Mark...

Hello Mark and welcome to our family.

Lucky you living next door to a wonderful grey that ends up needing a new home, talk about landing in your lap, Frankie sounds like a real sweetheart and he is starting to adjust to his new digs as it helps that he already knew you so all is not entirely strange to him.

You will find lots of advice and tips by reading thru many of the threads as most types of questions have already been asked and advice given but we don't mind if you ask even if it sounds silly to you for we have heard them all.

We look forward to hearing lots more about him and maybe a picture of him if you have some you would share with us.

Hi Mark, Welcome to the grey forum to you and to Frankie. This was my first forum and I lurked as a guest for six months. I didn't even have a grey then, I was trying to figure out another small African parrot. It was inevitable that a grey would come into our lives. Just like your visits and interest in Frankie have blessed your life with this little soul. You have come to the right place to share your ups and downs and inbetween moments. Great intro. Thanks for joining us. Dee

Funny, thing....I'm typing the quick reply a few minutes ago, and the wife yells..." Frankie's outta the cage "..!!!...so I go back and see and there he is, just sitting on the top of the cage..!!...second time that happened..??..now I gotta figure out how to stop him from getting out..???...tie wraps..??..mini-padlock..??...more help por favor...lol...

I have a grey that can get out of any cage with any kind of latch. I do not like a padlock because if you need to get your grey out in an emergency I do not want to look for a key.

Corky can untie any kind of knot so string or rope dose not help. We use a plastic twist tie to hold the latch.