NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Perch Cozies

spookyhurst

I've sunk to a new low...making perch cozies. I bought some natural wood perches to replace the PVC perches on Nikko's playgym. However, just the sight of these new perches completely freaks her out. There was no way she was ever going to sit on them. We discovered that putting some fabric over the wood suddenly made the perches acceptable to Nikko. So I went out and bought some more fabric and velcro (so the cozies can be taken off and washed once Nikko covers them with food) and we're going to make a "cozie" for each perch. The things us bird owners do for our spoiled babies :silly:.

You are a good Mama, Spookyhurst, doing what you have to do to make Nikko happy and that is no more than the rest of us would do for our babies. We love them and would do anything for them. What a clever idea to make covers for the perches and I love it. You go girl.:P

LOL...that’s funny. Are you going to make a lace doily for Nikko next?:laugh: j/k That's really creative. I can't laugh, I spoil my baby too. I give him whatever he wants...with the exception of my cell phone, ipod, and car payment bill, although he already tore up one set of ear buds.

Isn't it funny what we do and don't do! No one could possibly understand. I purchased a new globe for the birds room (got a travel theme going on in there) and Finni was having no part of that globe. I'm pretty anal about everything being in its place...there the globe sits on the dining room table, waiting for Finni to decide its okay. I also spend my evenings braiding palm fronds from our trees in the back yard, as Finni loves to chew them. I would never tell my friends that! haha

• 4 weeks later...
Guest briansmum

thats a really nice idea spooky, will keep her feet warm too :)

brians pretty easy going with most things, but he didnt like his yellow perch at first but i was determined, having spent all that money on it that he was going to use it.. two weeks later and he was fine. i just think they like to throw tantrums :lol:

I picked out some plain, non-frightening fabric to make the cozies. It's nice and soft too :). My mom sewed them.

This is the top of the cozy:

CozyTop.jpg

And this is the underside:

CozyBottom.jpg

These are the veerryyyy scary wood perches that needed to be covered:

WoodPerch.jpg

And this is the hemp rope that I wrapped around the PVC to give it better grip:

HempRope.jpg

And these shots are of the cozies placed over the hemp rope. You can see by all the food crumbs why I wanted something that I could easily take off and wash :P:

PerchCozies1.jpg

PerchCozies2.jpg