NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Blue feathers

scooter4n

I can certainly see a very faint blue tint on a few feathers. Nothing to worry about. I will say, I have seen faint orange, yellow, blue etc colors on Dayo on a few feathers after dayo has had a shower then played with colored wood block toys and a slight bit of coloring transferred from the blocks. But, next shower it was gone. This may or may not be your case, but just a thought. :)

Hi, It appears to me that the blue coloring is on the tip of the feathers, as Dan said, it looks like they rub against something blue, the shaft area is clear. Red factor Greys are rare, unless bred in capacitive,. A F2-pied has a broad red band across the chest. Most scattered red is caused by nutrition or medicine reactions and molt out.

The blue mutation turns the red tail and rump white. Since greys are grey and hence lack psittacine, they don't actually turn blue.

Albino (no pigment)

Lutino (yellow pigment)

Incomplete Ino(mostly white, but with small percentage of melanin)

Grizzles (soft pinkish scalloped found in its feathers)

Parino (very light scalloping found in its feathers)

What beautiful pictures of your little girl relaxed in your hand. I see what you mean about the bluish feathers just in that one area compared to the surrounding feathers. It will be interesting to see if that changes after a molt. It would be delightful if she did keep her unique little feather patch, almost like a birthmark.