NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

first molt?

Sassy

At what age shoule I expect Neytiri to have her first molt... there is an incrase in "fluffs" lately but I'm also seeing a couple grey feathers here an there... Just wondering if I'm getting into a lolt time or if these are just feathers that may have been knocked out during rough play or freak outs from the vaccuum... I don't think it's plucking since there are only a couple and no apparent bald spots.

Neytiri is almost 7.5 mo.

thanks

Sassy

At what age shoule I expect Neytiri to have her first molt... there is an incrase in "fluffs" lately but I'm also seeing a couple grey feathers here an there... Just wondering if I'm getting into a lolt time or if these are just feathers that may have been knocked out during rough play or freak outs from the vaccuum... I don't think it's plucking since there are only a couple and no apparent bald spots.

Neytiri is almost 7.5 mo.

thanks

Sassy

Their first major molt takes place at about 1 yr old. You'll know when it arrives. Have the vacuum ready and make sure the bag is empty. Before that, smaller molts happen--white fluff, tiny breast feathers, tiny vent feathers.

****just feathers that may have been knocked out during rough play or freak outs from the vaccuum******

very possible. birds lose some feathers from those actions all year long but they also lose the longer solid feathers because the feathers are dying and will be replaced with new ones.