NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

bird being sick

kelvin

Hi everybody, this is my first thread on this forum and i hope somebody can help! my 8yr old cag

has been sick several times in the last hr she's acting a bit dosey which is not like her, her sick has been a clear fluid,warm and a bit thick, please can you tell me the best way to maybe clear her from anything she may have picked up. any suggestions greatly apreciated Kevin

The best thing to do until you can get to the avian vet, is to keep her warm and relaxed with no loud noises or excitement around her. Other than the symptoms you describe, are you aware of her eating anything abnormal such as a metallic object or food group item you normally don't feed her?

she brought up what looks like some potato last night then was a little sick afterwards,(kids) this morning she was back to her normal self all perky, flying about,being noisey, took her to the vet this morning, he had a listen to her,took a sample from her and said everything looks ok just keep an eye on her, so it looks like she had some kind of food blockage? hopefully it's now all good

• 1 month later...

When a gray gets sick, it is often very serious. Although wildlife can be very effective at concealing symptoms and symptoms of sickness that you describe kelvin, there are a few tell-tale symptoms that owner should be seeking in order to have the best chance of saving their pet. If your bird displays any of these symptoms, he needs to be transferred to a vet instantly. aged living homes

Edited by Brenton