NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi, I'm WonderMomma Pt. 1

Hello everyone!

So I joined this forum in May of this year but have only posted on it once (re: homemade cargo net). I didn't have a grey at the time, but I am now "expecting". HAHA

I am a single "parront" to seven other parrots, a beautiful daughter and 2 kitties;

Dejia (human) | Poppee (CherryHead) | Romeo (GreenCheek) | Juliette (Nanday) | Mo (DYH Amazon) | Jasmine (YCM Macaw) | Valentine (PF Lovebird) | Cupid (PF Lovebird) | Sebastian (Kitty) | Buddy (Kitty)

COMING SOON: Baby Girl Grey (need to choose a name!) who is my profile picture.

I work PT at a parrot shop near my home and take care of over 168 birds of various species. Every time I go to her enclosure, she'd come running to see me. She seeks me out whenever I walk by and is just the sweetest little girl. Las weekend I officially put dibs on her at the store. YAY!

About her: she is theee sweetest baby Grey in the entire store. She's a large Grey, with both light and dark shades of grey... perfectly rounded beak and beautiful eyes. Get this... she only has three toes on her right foot ( I just noticed this about her a couple of days ago!). She's a "beaky" girl, but never bites down hard and LOVES scritches. She'll will sit on my chest and cuddle under my chin and close her eyes. I've already taught her the kissy noise. LOL She's in an enclosure with another Congo, a Timneh, a Goffin, a Rose Breasted and a Lesser Sulfer (all babies) and she constantly watches me when I'm in her sights. She runs right up to the door when I start walking towards her and has already learned the "up" command (she did not know this last as of 10/1). She's just gorgeous, sweet and a complete butterball!!

Now for the names. Of course, I'm looking into African names (how original eh? NOT) and have a few others in mind. I am open for ANYTHING. I just want to keep it simple for her to learn and make sure it's not something Greys have a hard time pronouncing (is that true that there are some sounds they cannot make?).

I appreciate your feedback on the ones I have listed here... or any new ones you might want to suggest. I'm looking for something DIFFERENT, unique and suitable.

THANKS EVERYONE! I'm so excited!! She'll be coming home in a month or so (she's on regular food but still receives one hand feeding a day).

Asha - life

Juji - heap of love

Penda - love (variation Pendi)

Dalila - gentle in her soul

Lewa - beautiful

Mandisa - sweet (variation Madisa or Mhadi)

Luna

Dolce (as in Dolce Gabanna)

Freya (Norse Goddess of Love)

Eden

Gia

Suki

Nadia

Bella

I'm also down for combining any two, though I'm sure I'll only use the second one when she's being naughty! Much like when I call my daughter by first and middle name!

I would like to follow this post up in Pt. 2 a bit later by telling you all about the rest of my beautiful fids... but wanted to post this one first as I'm going to be going to see my grey baby tomorrow and would like to figure out what I'm going to name her before then!

Thanks again!

[/img]

Post edited by: WonderMomma, at: 2007/10/10 17:12<br><br>Post edited by: WonderMomma, at: 2007/10/10 17:14

Hello and welcome to the family, WonderMomma, glad you could join us and finally introduce yourself even though you joined in May. But hey if you have been busy I can understand that, but just glad you are here now.

You do have some flock already and now you are going to add a female grey, I know you have made a good decision and we look forward to hearing more about this bird.

That was a wonderful introduction and it speaks a lot about what kind of person you are and thats what we would like all new members to do.

Looks like your grey chose you and that is wonderful, it happens like that sometimes and the fact that she is so sweet is a bonus.

We look forward to seeing a picture of her if you have any, we love to admire each other's greys every chance we get.

If we are getting to vote on possible names, I choose Mandisa, that is so sweet sounding.

Thanks everyone. With my daughters help, we've narrowed it down to the following:

Juji

Luna

Gia

My daughter really wants Gia... and I really want either Luna. I really like Juji too, but my daughter says it's sounds too silly. LOL.

This is soooo hard!

By the way, I haven't figured out how to post pictures in a message yet... but there are pictures of her in my profile!<br><br>Post edited by: WonderMomma, at: 2007/10/11 19:20

taking care of 168 birds (in the shop) wow :ohmy: no wonder you chose the nickname 'wondermomma' :laugh:

Welcome WonderMomma.... I like the name Luna, mostly because I like short - easy to pronounce names but also because of the meaning. Ra would also be nice, meaning the king of the sun (pity there is no queen of the sun) :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...