NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

When did your Grey start to talk?

kitt4kaz

I know this question has been asked a million times and I know not all Greys talk. But if anyone has time to share, I would love to hear!

Felix will be 5 months old on Nov. 20. He has been videoed mumbling/talking when no one is around. He is starting to mumble some when out of his cage playing. Occasionally, when he flies to us, he will mumble something when he lands. I just wish I could understand what he is saying:) Just this past week, he is starting to whistle. He will whistle quite loudly when he sees us leaving the room. I guess he just wants confirmation that we are still nearby even though he can't see us. Otherwise, he is pretty quiet.

He is so much fun and I love watching him learn more and more everyday.

Thanks!

Confirm the whistle back! Sophie whistles, I repeat her, she does it again, I repeat. Our favorite game.I shake it up, change things, she responds back. I've had her for ten years, so this game has had alot of time to grow.When she feels she is losing, she breaks out into " rap", which my teenagers have taught her. She wins.... I laugh and go get her to tell her she wins! Nancy

As far as talking, I got Sophie at two. She talked. Just not the greatest.( she DID come from a great owner). By three-four, she talked non stop. I think those who talk the least, are absorbing. Watch out for these birds. I think they are very smart. Absorbing alot of info. Nancy

Ray, you had me laughing about " air traffic control". The other day, Sophie and Kiki were sitting on the couch together, while I did homework. Kiki took off, Sophie tried to imitate Kiki's flight. ( totally different than her norm!) She was trying to immitate Kiki. She got to the kitchen before she had to land. I went out to tell her what a GREAT job she did. I know, if she hadn't been clipped since birth, she would be doing fine.

I wish her owner had let her learn to fly as a baby. Nancy

I noticed a change in Jellybean and had him only a month. His whistles are changing and I could have sworn he made a kissing noise yesterday. I try to talk to him at least two/three times a day for extensive periods, besides answering his whistles, of course. He loves it when I sing to him and I can't even sing.

Thread Hi-jack warning; you guys know I have been bit and am not very trusting right now. This goes both ways obviously; do you guys think if I would be more trusting he would be too? Someone at the pet store suggested that today.