NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Infared heaters?

Talon

The only ones I've heard about are the Avitemp infrared heat panels...apparently they are cage mountable. Not sure how much heat they kick out or what the cost of running them are but I suppose it depends on where you are thinking of having them. My outdoor aviary has heater tubes in the roost box and two that run along the full length of the back wall of the aviary. The aviary is perspexed in during the winter (with vent holes to ensure correct controlled air movement/exchange) but it makes sure that the birds are protected from the worst of the weather winds rain snow etc whilst allowing the temperature inside to be kept controlled. am sure there must be plenty of people on here with loads of experience greater then mine on this subject :) and it'll be an interesting thread to follow for ideas for my gang too!

I have three Eden Pure infared heaters and I love them. You can see one of mine in my avatar. Each heater can heat up to 1000 sq. feet.

My house is around 3500 sq. feet and part is electric bass board heat and part is propane. When I started useing my Eden Pures my electric and propane use went down.

I no longer use my electric bass board heat.

The heater is safe for my birds and is cool to the touch.

The heater in the picture was running when I took the picture.

Edited by Ray P

I'm using an Eden Pure clone (Sun Heat) in Timber's room. We have gas hot water heat, but in this big old house we don't turn the thermostat over 66 or so. The nice thing about this one is, as Ray pointed out, it doesn't get hot to the touch and it has a thermostat so it kicks on and off as needed.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have 2 now, both different brands. I keep one in my bird room running in the winter, I had no problems. It was nice to keep them warmer, as I let my house go down to about 64 at night and after I leave for work, but they stay warmer as I set the thermostat to 70 on the infrared heater.