NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How do you keep your parrot warm at night?

turtlepunk

Hello, the cooler weather has set in and I'm a bit worried about it. I live in a really crappy apartment, Our gas heater is always broken...landlord SUCKS......this will be the first winter I will spend with my flapjack. The apartment gets REALLY cold at night..sometimes down to the 50's......I manage with my pile of blankets......The only thing I have come up with is to keep have flapjack sleep in a small sleepy-time cage, covered in thick blankets...but I don't know how much it will help. I could get a space heater...but are any of them made without teflon? I used heat pads with my reptiles (under the tanks)....Im wondering if I can place one under FlapJack's sleepy-time cage....(controlled with a thermostat)......what do you guys do to keep your birdies warm at night? any suggestions?

HUGE thanks in advance!

The oil filled radiator style space heaters do not have teflon. They are painted so for the first use it is best to wash it well and let it run for an hour or so outside. They do get hot enough to burn so use caution and keep anything flammable away. The bird store that I use just got in some Flukers ceramic heat emitters. I can't tell you how well they work only that I know he is very picky about what he sells.

• 1 month later...

Cover the birds with a warm flannel sheet and they seem to be doing fine with them. Of course they will also make big holes in them but it works for them. Heaters and other electric things to warm the birds are very dangerous for them and home safety. aged living homes

Edited by Brenton