NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Should I get a steam cleaner?

kitt4kaz

Hosing lets water inside the tubes & the cage rusts from the inside out. I think steam cleaning is easier & arguably sanitizes better anyway. I started out w/a little handheld something. Can't remember the brand. But I found so many uses for the thing once I had one, that I got a full sized DeLonghi machine & have no regrets except I still had to get a separate steamer for the carpets.

The safest way to clean and disinfect your parrots cage is to scrub it down with white vinegar, then get 2 spray bottles and fill one with white vinegar and the other with hydrogen peroxided, [the kind you use for mouth wash] spray the cage with one than the other doesn't which one first, safe for parrots......

• 3 months later...
My bird cage is way too large to take outside or to take apart. I was thinking of investing in a steam cleaner. What kind is best?

Thanks everyone!

Hi there... mine is like a little vacuum cleaner. Karcher, who make waterblasters have a lightweight one. I can highly recommend buying steam cleaner.... I clean floors, carpets, couches, cupboards, the entire kitchen, the fridge... roars thru bathroom/shower scum and brightens up the furnishings- especially rugs with my four wee dogs running sand and so forth inside and out, and two teenage boys. Good for mattresses too, and car upholstery, etc. I have yet to try it on a dirty birdcage... I'll let you know in about 5 weeks when my CAG baby boy has been messing up his home. Expecting it to be squeaky clean in no time flat. What I like is that you don't need a lot of nasty chemical cleaners. It means a safer, cleaner environment for everyone in my home. Steam and a bit of vinegar and water and baking soda.... nice home remedies from way back when!

Edited by Darkfifi29