NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Here

kitt4kaz

Here's my 4-month-old Timneh Grey named Felix. I am excited to join here so that I can learn all that I can to care for him properly. He is a lot of fun and is very entertaining. He is a wonderful addition to our family.

004.jpg

Edited by kitt4kaz

Welcome to you and Felix. Our Timneh came to us much older and it seems like when I see them as babies, I learn more about him. What a precious baby with his dark eyes and perfectly gorgeous feathers. Glad your found your way to us so we can share with you as you get to know him better.

Hello Kitt and welcome to our family.

You have an adorable baby grey, Felix is a handsome fella and no wonder you are so happy.

Be sure to browse thru the many threads here for lots of useful information, many members find some of the answers to their questions here among them.

Thanks for sharing the picture of Felix with us and don't be shy about sharing more if you like as we love pictures.

Thanks everyone! We've had Felix since he was 9 weeks old. Yes, I was one of those that got a Grey too early from the breeder. She said he was "fully weaned." Surprisingly, he was eating pellets really well but he was still such a baby! He still gets one formula feed at night before bedtime now at 20 weeks and I will continue it until he refuses.

He weighs about 300g now. Is he likely to get any bigger?

He is starting to whistle now and when he is alone, he is starting to try to talk. It sounds like a bunch of mumbling but he is trying! Here is a video from when he was about 14 weeks old. He only does this when he thinks he is alone.

He is so funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtGnMGpd6Q

Thanks everyone! We've had Felix since he was 9 weeks old. Yes, I was one of those that got a Grey too early from the breeder. She said he was "fully weaned." Surprisingly, he was eating pellets really well but he was still such a baby! He still gets one formula feed at night before bedtime now at 20 weeks and I will continue it until he refuses.

He weighs about 300g now. Is he likely to get any bigger?

He is starting to whistle now and when he is alone, he is starting to try to talk. It sounds like a bunch of mumbling but he is trying! Here is a video from when he was about 14 weeks old. He only does this when he thinks he is alone.

He is so funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtGnMGpd6Q

If your bird is a CAG, what type of scale are you using?

If your bird is a TAG, the weight is fine.

His video debut was adorable. I started leaving a voice activate recorder next to the cage because mine talked a lot more when I left the room. I think that is common as they are learning to speak and they practice when they think they are alone like Felix is doing. When you record him you can always go back and listen to earlier recordings because then you will recognize what he was saying when it wasn't quite clear. It will also give you an insight to how he learns and changes so quickly from being a baby to an outspoken family member.