NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hey new to the forum.

My name is Ricardo and I am a new African Grey owner. Frankenstein, my African Grey is approximately 15 weeks old. I used to own a pet quaker which is now owned by a veterinarian student. Attached is a picture of Frankenstein, he's still being handfed hardened formula, he loves grapes, pellets and toys.

580945_10151193107789036_311448704_n.jpg

Lol he does have his moments which I have dubbed "the Frankenstein" when he just randomly starts to throw a fit with the air. But other than that, he's just a good bird. Hes a third generation domesticated bird so hes really friendly. I'll definitely keep up with everyone here and thanks for all the replies.

Hello Ricardo and welcome to our family and a big welcome to Frankenstein.

That is an unusual name for a grey, how did you come about naming him that, must be some kind of story behind it and I would love to hear it.

Go easy on the grapes as they are mostly just sugar and water, virtually no nutrition in them so save them for treats and another thing I want to clarify is these birds are not domesticated in any way, they are wild animals and will be for many years to come but I think the point you wanted to make was that he comes from previous handfed parents and so forth.

Okay, I'll stop feeding him grapes. I'll have to see if he will eat anything else, I'm trying to lure him to take a shower but so far no luck, although he is well acquainted with his showering bowl (it is where I place the hardened formula). Also, that is exactly what I meant, his grandparents were hand fed so he comes from a line where this is already normal to them.

Its actually the name me and my little brother came up with, we had come up with a few others twinkle, sparkle, and then my brother was like Frankenstein, and I was like Yes, Frankenstein! So we stuck with that.

Wonder how long it will be before he becomes the Frankster, the Steinmaster, or just Frankie? Between my kids and hubby, Timber is the Timbird, the Timster, the little monster, your highness, or often, that BIRD! :)

lol that is so funny i wouldnt of even of thought of that till you said shortening to frankie ... which is totally cute ... we started calling marco super pooper :( :( :( LOLOL