NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Changing Cage locations

Blitz67

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has any advice for me, currently my two cags and their cages are placed in the main entrance to my home. This is nice, because they get alot of interaction with people coming and going. With winter coming on thou, i do not want them near the front door, the wind off the ocean sends in a pretty nasty chill. What i would like to do is move them down to my den, the other end of the house. They will still get lots of attention, we have the play gyms and climbing ladders out here. But i am also going to add a bunch of play structures to the den. Any thoughts on moving the cages from one room to another ?

Thanks,

Wayne

Moving birds from one area to another isn't unusual. After moving the cages, expect your birds to be more quiet then normal, a little more edgy and less playful. They may be nippy, more short tempered. There may be less interaction with with you and them for a while. All of these things will go away in a relatively short amount of time, 1 to 3 weeks. After moving them, leave them in their cages so that they can check out the new surroundings from the safety of their cages. . Do the extra things you plan but do it slower. Surroundings are most important. Brings things to their new areas slowly. There really isn't much else to do. Anything extra can only be decided by you because on you know their unique personalities.

Many of the above things may not happen. At least you now know the possiblities.

Edited by Dave007

Some greys take moveing better than others.

My grey and my amazon travle with us when ever we go on vacation or an over nite trip.

So they are in and out of their main cage or their travel cage often.

They take to new places with no trouble.

If you are with them and they see you around the same amount of time as before they should take to a new location with out much fan fair.