NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

trouble swallowing

james_uk

ive noticed the last couple of days that iggy sometime seems to have problems swallowing his food, pellets and veggies, like every bite its a real effort to swallow like he is really choking it down, moving his head around and such, his apart from that he is happy and behaving normally, he has fresh drinking water and fruit/veg and pellets availble, it like he has a really bad sore throat, doesnt do it all of the time...

James - perhaps, if possible, a video clip would prove helpful? Hope you someone can help you figure it out! I know my CAG moves his head a lot, but eats everything and anything in sight… :P I might have to start worrying about his weight!

That's a problem that should be looked at by an Avian Vet Relying on opinions concerning that situation isn't a good idea. Videos won't prove anything but if it's very easy to take that video at any time without difficulty, there may be a problem. Birds may sit still for a video but they won't show symtoms very easily. If your bird is making it easy for you to see these things, then all the reason for the vet. If there's a problem or obstruction or clogged nasal passages the vet can check that out. There are no vets here, just opinions and many times people listen to those opinions and the bird gets the bad end of the deal.