NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The first five days...

DanielaWelborn

Have been great!

I can't even imagine how things will be once Jellybean trusts me.

I was able to give him time outside his cage yesterday and today. He is stepping up great on the stick I got from the old owner. To get him inside I have to bribe him with a peanut however. I hold the peanut up and tell him to step up. He gets it once he is inside his cage.

I noticed that he was in a much better mood all day today. He even came to my side of the cage and watched me fixing his dinner. We are a little heavy on the fruit side, but I am not giving up and found out that he likes sprouts and brussel sprouts, he also likes garbanzo beans.

His old owner had him on a seed diet and only gave him apples and carrots when she wanted him to learn something. Therefore, I still have seed available for him, but I plan to change to pellets and mostly fresh.

I was bit twice, but that was my fault as I got too close and read his body language all wrong.

Hopefully this trend will continue.

Yes, it sounds like things are going great! Go slow and keep the faith. Good luck with the diet, that will be slow as you said. I'm glad you are enjoying it, and don't be discouraged if you seem to regress with him (otherwise known as the "honeymoon" period). Sometimes it is seems like two steps forward and one step back, but you are still going the right direction :)