NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Opinions/Advice please!

MissOMalley

Does anyone have opinions or experience with this cage? I am looking to purchase 2 cages. I will be picking up my rescue/inherited CAGS next week. I do work and they will be caged while I am gone (40-45hr/week). Space and money is a factor, but I want them to be comfortable. I really like that the front opens up entirely for easy cleaning and I prefer a play top.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11147187&lmdn=Other+Ways+to+Shop&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

Thanks! :D

I have three parrots and three EZ Care cages. I love the front opening and their easy cleaning. Newspaper fixes lengthwise perfectly into these cages. The food/water bowls are ceramic and heavy so my parrots can't lift them out of the food/water holders. The perches are made of sturdy trimmed branches. My opinion, great cages.

It might be helpful to you to know what size cages they have been housed in at your grandma's. The cage you are looking at is what I put our rehomed Timneh in and have a second one for our smaller Senegal-sized parrot. Two years later I am wondering if Gilbert would have been better off starting out here in a smaller cage, he was afraid in the big cage after knowing much smaller quarters. I know you are needing something in a bit of a hurry, the local big box chain may be all you have for comparison. We have been lucky with our timing and location to get our cages at a bird fair for less than half the cost of the one on your link. Something to think about, I have brought in one sick baby and one somewhat special older bird with "issues". You will need a travel cage for vet visits. Since time is short for the transfer to your home, maybe get each of them a generous size travel cage for the first couple of weeks, assess their needs as you prepare to move them to a more permanent solution in your home. It would also allow you a bit more time to research online and look for the possibility of a bird fair near you. Another suggestion would be to look for a breeder, parrot rescue group or vet who might be able to steer you to a local vendor.