NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My amazon is like a pigeon

Ray P

Have you ever walked down the street in a city and see all the pigeons walking around the sidewalks.

Its funny to watch them peck around for food that poeple toss down for them.

When I see Cricket walk around the house I can see a pigeon walking down the street. The only thing different is when something startled them they will fly away, but not Cricket she will keep walking untill she gets to her location. She will not fly much, BUT once every 2 or 3 months she will take to the air and fly all around the house for an hour or so and than she is done for 2 or 3 months.

I have talked to other amazon owners and some say their amazon is that way and others say their amazons fly all the time.

What is your amazon like when it comes to flying ?

Lola has finally mastered her gift of flight and now at least twice a day she flies around like a crazy bird, exercising those wings and showing off her new precision landing skills! Lucky for me she has mastered those landings! Now, my Grey does not fly much at all. She is very content to wander around the floor or simply hang out on the top of her favorite tree.

My zon, Louie, is not a walker. He has never been clipped and if for some reason he goes to the floor he is up like a snap. None of my parrots are walkers. They prefer the air and fly all the time. When Ana Grey was first brought home she was clipped and walked around. She walked like a duck back then. Waddle, waddle.