NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Adoptions in our home

jangell

Hello. I introduced myself in the Grey Lounge, but I'll do it here as well. We adopted a White Fronted Amazon a couple of months ago and he has been outstanding. Yesterday we were at an Exotic Bird fair and came across an African Grey. I have wanted a Grey for years. I worked at a pet store part time and they had a "store bird" that was a Grey. He was an amazing bird and I've wanted one since. Well, this Grey (Charlie) was with the local rescue group. They had him, six Moluccan Cockatoo's, 1 Blue Fronted Amazon, and a BEAUTIFUL Macaw that they had rescued. The owner was an elderly lady that had passed away. The Grey (Charlie) drew our attention (my attention) quickly. And he just as quickly stepped up and was curious about us. We interacted with him for a few minutes, talked to the guy that had them and then walked around a little more. We walked past several times, observing him interact with other people. He did well, but seemed a little uncomfortable. We walked back up and he stepped up on my wife's finger. A passerby commented how well he was doing with her. Well, long store short, we ended up bringing Charlie home. He is a very sweet bird. He is around 15 years old. He is settling into his new home very well.

Here are some pics.

Rocky

10clzco.jpg

Charlie

2058r5j.jpg