NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New CAG Foster

evalynne

I volunteer with our local companion bird rescue, Mickaboo, which includes fostering parrots surrendered to or rescued by the org. I have two adopted, forever pois--my 12 year old Senegal hen and 5 year old male Meyers. Recently, I began fostering a young CAG that we don't have much background on. He was seized from an animal hoarding situation although he was the only parrot (the rest were dogs and cats). I need information and educational support to make sure I meet his needs right. Within 5 minutes in my home I realized that Pharoah is smarter than me, so I expect it will be a learning adventure.

Edited by evalynne
Typo, again. Thanks iPad.

Welcome! There is TONS of great information in this forum! I have found tons of "Key" information in the stickies under each heading. The administrators/moderators have done an excellent job highlighting the "need-to-know" things. Everyone here is also great at answering questions. I brought my first CAG home back in August and have asked a million :) So get comfy and DIG IN :) Every time I am here I learn something new!

Hello Evalynne and welcome to our family, so glad to hear you are fostering this grey hopefully to become permanent if that is what you want.

Yes many of our important threads have been stickied so they are easy to find but please browse thru all the threads as you will find invaluable information in bits and pieces all over this forum, probably many of the questions you will have were already asked and answers are there in black and white, maybe other colors too.

It doesn't surprise me that you found out how smart they are rather quickly, they teach us and own us, not the other way around.

Pictures are always welcomed if you would share some with us.