NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

He's suddenly a pig...

Wulfgeist

This is so strange..ever since the move last week Jasper has been eating like a pig. He gets the same food as before but I have increased his pellets as he always cleans them up now. Before it was typical for him to still have some left the next morning, some days more than others. He's ten months old. I don't mind the eating because he's always been on the skinny side I think since I brought him home. His keelbone is easily felt.

This morning he got his breakfast around 9:30 and here it is two hours later and he is still picking through the bowl eating. This has become quite common.

Is it something to do with his age?

He might just be more active and if so will eat more but they snack all day long so its not unusual for them to be back at the bowl a while after breakfast, they don't eat meals as such like we do, they are browsers or foragers so can seemingly be eating all day long.

Maybe with the move and excitement of change he is getting relaxed and working up an appetite now. I was wondering if after your move have you gotten new pellets from a new supplier? One supplier may have a high rate of turnover and the pellets may be the same brand, but fresher and more appealing. Is that a possibility? It is heartwarming when our picky eater finds something he loves and munches while he makes happy noises. Glad Jasper is settling in and eating more is a great sign.

Maybe with the move and excitement of change he is getting relaxed and working up an appetite now. I was wondering if after your move have you gotten new pellets from a new supplier? One supplier may have a high rate of turnover and the pellets may be the same brand, but fresher and more appealing. Is that a possibility? It is heartwarming when our picky eater finds something he loves and munches while he makes happy noises. Glad Jasper is settling in and eating more is a great sign.

No, it's actually the same bag of Harrison's that I opened like a week before the move. Of course I like to tell my friend it's all the good energy running through her house that's probably put him at ease ;)