NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cricket`s Evolution

Ray P

In all my past post I have talked about Cricket`s and my relationship and how it came about, and that it was Cricket that always made the first move to take our relationship to the next step.

Because of Cricket`s past history my wife and son were always shy about petting her and would not try to pick her up or touch her even tho when she was out and on the dinner table Cricket would always go to them and take food from their finger with no trouble. When the wife cleaned Cricket`s cage they both would have a conversation with each other and Cricket would bob her head and dance for her.

One day Cricket had enough when she was out on the table and walked over to the wife and put her beak on the table in front of the wife, her way of asking for a head scratch. I told Bonnie that she wanted her head scratched and my wife slowly took her finger and gave her a head scratch than she walked over to my son and did the same thing. This made my son very happy as he has wanted to do this for some time.

Again it was Cricket that made the first move.

Cricket came to us as a challenge and reworded us with love and it was her that always made the first move.