NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We made it safe and sound

Wulfgeist

We got off to a late start Sunday but made pretty good time. Jasper loved the trip of course and Tico tolerated it and didn't even get car sick. I got my friend to finally stop so we could check on the cats, two of them had to ride back in the hauled van. Freakout A was finding that the tire harness had completely come off on one side of the van on the transport . Freakout B was opening the van door and finding blood all over the pet taxi. Ethan was pushing his nose against the crate door trying to get it open and rubbed his nose leather raw. =( His towel was a little wet too which might not have been pee at all but maybe spit and slobber from the pain and freaking out.

When we decided to stop for the night we stopped at a travel oasis and found a booklet with coupons for motels. One said pet friendly so my friend calls them and tells them...that we have three cats and two birds...ack! Just tell them one! So that place was no good. We stopped at the next place and even though they had a sign up $10 per pet we didn't say anything. Sneaked them upstairs to our room. Set out the litterbox and started letting cats loose, let the birds out and got them food, water, cleaned their crates. Two of the cats went under a bed for the night (one we had to actually extricate from inside the bed) but Ethan was chill, exloring a little, eating, drinking, using the litterbox. Jasper and I enjoyed a shower and then I had to put him to bed in a cat taxi because he did not want to go into his travel box.

The next morning we sneaked them all back out to the truck, had a quick continental breakfast with me sneaking out a bit of english muffin and half a cutie for the birds before hitting the road again. We got here around dinner time, got the kids unloaded, finally got Jasper's cage unloaded and inside. I haven't let them out just yet because my room is so small and Tico is on an antique dresser and Jasper's under door papers are going to be right in front of my bed. I will probably just put down a sheet and toss it when he goes to bed.

Some settling in to do yet, the cats are not happy about being confined to my room for right now. It's been nice here the last two days, not freezing like back in Wisconsin, might try taking them outside for a little bit afterwhile.

He's doing ok, I don't want to put anything on it because he keeps licking his nose. I'm sure it has to be sore, poor guy. I've let Jasper out and we have another problem now: he is close enough to climb down the side of his cage and reach for stuff on the desk. This will be fun!