NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cuddle time

I'm so pleased with our progress. I really had my doubts in the first couple of months, would he ever let me touch him?; would he ever like me or want to interact with us?; that kind of thing. As far as I can tell, he wasn't abused in his previous homes, which makes the world of difference I'm sure. The other day I was on the phone. Timber would say OK (3-second pause), Bye! He did it three or four times. He is really starting to come out of his shell. It is so nice to hear him talking in front of me instead of having to leave the room and hide around the corner to hear him vocalize. He and one of my cats (I have four and it just happens with the one) have a "jealousy" battle going. When I pet this cat, Timber starts "beeping." When I'm scratching Timber, the cat stands around and meows. They are so funny to watch! Thankfully, they have no interaction otherwise (don't go after each other in any way). I was a little disturbed the other night because he was going through all the motions of getting ready to regurg on me. I've been careful to limit my scratching to his head. I just put him back up on his cage door where he likes to perch. On the other hand, my youngest son can usually give him scratches and he doesn't get upset when hubby and i hug in front of him etc., so I'm assuming he is OK that way? I want to have a close relationship with him but not close that way if you know what I mean.