NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Are you smarter than a 5 year old parrot

Ray P

We have all seen Jeff Foxworthy`s show Are you smarter than a 5th grader.

OK how well do you compare to a 5 year old parrot.

I think not very well after you read all the posts on this forum.

It seams that we are all comparing notes on what you should do to stay one step ahead of our fids.

(greys, amazon what ever)

The sucker bite and we have all Fallon for it.

Trying to find out what they like to eat. (They may like it, but they will not let you know until they are ready)

Bending over back words to make them happy.( they love this one. How many hoops will you jump through).

You say step up and they think NO and give you that look.

You join a forum to find out how to get along with them. (they will even help you post your question)

You get a answer to your question from a forum member. (and they think, that will be the day)

And than one day they do all the thinks you want them to do ( and they think, why did it take you so long to get right) or they think, (I could have done this weeks ago, but I wanted to have some fun.)

And after weeks of work, they look at you and they think , (Look I made them smile).

Its a no win as they get ready to teach you your next trick.

Edited by Ray P

I have been seeing a lot of "that look" when I ask Gracie to step up lately. I have also been trying to stop her habit of tossing her food bowl to the floor by saying "Gracie--no no" when I see her get ready for the toss. Now she says "Gracie nuh uh no no..." and tosses the bowl with even more relish than before.