NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sophie's new friend

kins2321@yahoo.com

I am going away in two weeks for a week. Dogs will be boarded. I usually hire a teenager to take care of the birds, but many they know, have gone off to college.I have had a young man, age 18, doing alot of yard work for me. He discovered the birds, when coming in for a drink of water. He LOVES them! I decided to hire him to care for birds, with a backup babysitter, checking in on them. This young man's mom will be assisting him as a backup. I had him comeover today to feed the birds, help clean the cages. He did great! Sophie stepped right up! He's going to comeover three times a week to practice feeding them. Am I making the right decision? He has a way with my animals. Sean has autism. Highly functional.My animals just " took" to him right away. I'm trusting their instincts. Would you? Nancy

I think it is great that he is coming over and practicing, so you can see how he does and how he interacts with the birds too. It's also good that mom is there for backup if needed. I guess getting a petsitter is like a babysitter when the kids are young. You have to trust your instincts and watch the reactions of the animals/kids. Can you ever really know what goes on while you are away in either case? Not really, unless you have a nannycam. At any rate, I'm sure you will make the right decision, and safe travels!

Thanx all. Sean showed up today, I wasn't expecting him for a few more days. I invited him in the see the birds. Sophie stepped up to me, offered him one foot. One on me, one on him! LOL! He praised her, she blew him a kiss. He is amazed by her. Ollie my pup was all over him. He DOES have a way with animals. Its amazing! Nancy