NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bobbie is singing like a canary .....literally!

berryblonde2u

Has anyone experienced this before? Bobbie 10 year old TAG ( I adopted less than a week ago)makes the sound like a truck makes before it starts backing up... I guess it's the safety warning sound, it's one tone ..same frequency as the backing up alarm..different than thee microwave sound... and then she follows it with the sound of a canary singing?? It's really pretty, actually!! LOL I'm wondering if the previous owner had canaries? He DID say that he used to breed birds a long time ago and had about 40 pairs. He just never said what type they were. It's a really enjoyable sound. Is this unusual for a canary sounding TAG? Just thought I would share that, and get a bird lovers take on this!! :)

They will mimic any sound they like so it doesn't surprise me and they are dead on with it sounding real, ask some of the members who thought their phones were ringing only to find out it was their grey, she must have liked the singing so she repeats it, you will have to video her doing it so we can hear her.

I have a male canary and several parrots. Captain Caruso loves to sing but so far the parrots have not taken up his song. They do like to bark like my pug, ring my phone and set off the microwave. I am looking forward to the canary singing as I truly love canaries. If you could record Bobbie singing, I would love to hear it!

Edited by luvparrots

Yepper, Bongo does the truck backing up tone too. He was outside with us and our neighbors were having their cable installed. The truck had to back up and Bongo had it down. The second truck was getting ready to leave and we asked him to back up just for fun, he did it again. Two out of four birds have the dog barks down too, so now instead of 4 yipping dogs, i have the noise level of 6.

Well guys, I hope this uploads on here.... it's not very long and it's not video because I used my Iphone, I had to set it on the table and I have to go outside or leave the room for her to do it !! LOL I hope this works!! If it's successful...tell me what you guys think of "Bobbie that thinks she's a canary"?? The weird thing is that she usually does the 'truck backing up tone' then the canary thing right after it, now that I'm recording it she does the 'bomb dropping' sound then the canary!!!!

http://s144.beta.photobucket.com/use...5e3ae.mp4.html

http://s144.beta.photobucket.com/use...0d4ad.mp4.html

I hope I didn't build it up too much... I think it's pretty awesome!!