NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A cheap "playbox"

zandische

An idea my hubby came up with to "recycle" the cardboard boxes our k-cups come in. We like the coffee and apparently the birds like their boxes. :)

Directions:

Take 1 empty K-Cup/tassimo pod/other box. Stuff it full of old foot toys, treats, sisal, treats, straws, etc. Tie it or otherwise attach to perch (this is just stuck in one of their play boxes but will probably need to be tied down.) Let your birds tear it apart! ;)sm-playbox.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen new Chinese take out paper containers and new plain pizza boxes for sale on some of the bird sites. Cone style coffee filters work too. Its very easy and cheap to make paper mache destroyables. I'll try and do a how to post on that this weekend.

• 3 months later...
An idea my hubby came up with to "recycle" the cardboard boxes our k-cups come in. We like the coffee and apparently the birds like their boxes. :)

Directions:

Take 1 empty K-Cup/tassimo pod/other box. Stuff it full of old foot toys, treats, sisal, treats, straws, etc. Tie it or otherwise attach to perch (this is just stuck in one of their play boxes but will probably need to be tied down.) Let your birds tear it apart! ;)[ATTACH=CONFIG]23061[/ATTACH]

Awesome! Can't wait to start making toys with the family for our little girl. Is "sisal" the colored hair looking stuff?

• 3 months later...