NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our morning

Ray P

Its early, its dark out side as I get ready to leave for my 40 hour, part time, retirement job.

Cricket was calling my name this morning as she always dose and I let her out for some me and her time. She climbed to my shoulder, lifted one foot, put her body tight to my head, closed her eyes and went to sleep. Now and than she would lower her head for a head scratch. I would scratch and rub her head for a bit and she would go back to sleep on my shoulder.

It came time to put her back in her cage so I could leave for work. I kissed the top of her head and said, see you later and put her back in her cage.

I know when I get home she will be all excited and be all over me to welcome me home.

Just a Cricket and me morning.

Ray, that sounds like such a peaceful morning. Cricket probably went right back to sleep and dreamed of your homecoming. In the midst of your morning bonding, it must be hard to leave for work. Then again, having that warmth and contact and knowing she will be cheering for you when you walk in the door, the hours quickly pass and you are home again.

LOL to the 40 hour, part time retirement job! That's the reason I haven't retired, though the system I'm in allows it. I'd get another job for a variety of reasons, and I really like the one I have so I just stay! I remember a pic I received by email, the one of the skelton sitting in a desk chair, and thought there I am! 80 years old and still showing up ;)

Those mornings are great though, and I look forward to them. I'll bet Cricket also knows about what time you will be home if you have the same routine daily. I notice on the webcam that Timber always heads for the bottom of his cage about 15 minutes before my hubby gets home (he's there before me). Every day, same thing. He knows it's about time for Gary to be home.

The wife will call up to me from the kitchen and yell RAY and being the good obedient husband that I am I ALWAYS come to the balcony that over looks the family room and say WHAT ! So Cricket will yell RAY and look up to see if I will come out to the balcony.

My son is always calling MA MA. So when the wife calls me I always say WHAT and when my son yells MA answer from Cricket is always What..SOOO when Cricket yells RAY or MA she waits for the What.

SO when the wife yells RAY or my son yells MA Cricket will say WHAT.

Its a who is on first thing like Abbott and Costello.

Edited by Ray P