NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I got a punkin!

aerial.2000

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you video it! I am shopping for one myself. they are starting to show up in the markets here.

Please don't feel that way about posting. Sometimes the threads do get off subject, and I'm as guilty of that as anyone. However, even when the threads get off course, I still learn things I didn't know and that's the main reason I'm here, so it's all good in my mind. I'll make a more conscious effort to "stay on task" ;)

Sometimes I wonder why I even post .... :(

Sorry that once again something I thought I could bring something fun here, learn a thing or 2 and it has turned into "This".

Ooops! Sometimes passionate people get carried away. No one means any harm by it. :)

I hope you got a chance to check out the pumpkin idea! I posted it late in an edit, so I'll repost it here: http://www.parrotenrichment.com/imag...ragingToys.pdf

Sometimes I wonder why I even post .... :(

Sorry that once again something I thought I could bring something fun here, learn a thing or 2 and it has turned into "This".

This thread was good, it was about pumpkins, learning opinions, concerns what more could a person ask for? There was no flaming only. I'm sorry you feel this way but I feel the same as you,"Why Post"? But don't stop Aerial, what your intent was has reached a lot of members, so give them some-more recipes....

Pumpkins, their, flesh, seeds etc. are normally very well liked by parrots. Cooked, raw. seeds roasted etc.. They love pumpkin pie as well. We also buy the small miniature pumpkins and wash or cook them, then let the birds have at them. It is also a great source of vitamin A.

thats funny nancy! well probably sunday i will lay newspapers everywhere and see just what shes gonna do with the punkin~! course i should probably line the walls with it too ... whoda thought they could shake their lil heads and shoot that food from their beaks so far? :rolleyes: I will video it! lol my luck she wont like it tho, Ive tried squash and sweet tater and she likes those so Im hopeful.

thanks for all the nice comments! xo

thats funny nancy! well probably sunday i will lay newspapers everywhere and see just what shes gonna do with the punkin~! course i should probably line the walls with it too ... whoda thought they could shake their lil heads and shoot that food from their beaks so far? :rolleyes: I will video it! lol my luck she wont like it tho, Ive tried squash and sweet tater and she likes those so Im hopeful.

thanks for all the nice comments! xo

I'm going to give Jake his this weekend too. I have an old sheet to line the floor with and can toss it in the wash on Sunday. I'm not expecting him to eat it since doesn't like squash, sweet potato or pumpkin seeds but hopefully it will give him something fun to tear apart.

Hay Aerial, Corky and Cricket want to plant their own pumpkin patch next spring.

They want me to dig the hole and they will eat the seed and poop them into the ground just like in the wild.

They said they will not share them with me. For them only.

Great thread

Thanks, Ray

Take some photos Aerial :)
oh I will it will be her first so gotta video that ... sheesh her bday is coming up pretty soon I cant believe this xmas (23rd) shes gonna b 1 :eek: my how time flies ...

I'm going to give Jake his this weekend too. I have an old sheet to line the floor with and can toss it in the wash on Sunday. I'm not expecting him to eat it since doesn't like squash, sweet potato or pumpkin seeds but hopefully it will give him something fun to tear apart.
nods about the tearing apart stuff ... Im not brave enough to let her do it inside lol i dont wanna be washing down the WALLS ... Im taking her outside its the upper 70's bright n sunny she can get the best of both worlds the punkin and the sunshine! its just gorgeous out

Hay Aerial, Corky and Cricket want to plant their own pumpkin patch next spring.

They want me to dig the hole and they will eat the seed and poop them into the ground just like in the wild.

They said they will not share them with me. For them only.

Great thread

Thanks, Ray

LOLOL ... that is a really cool idea... Marco doesnt seem to be impressed with punkin seeds (yet) but she does like the fruit portion of it so Im excited to see what shes gonna do with it :D if it goes well I'll buy a couple more before they disappear for the season!

The pumpkin was a hit. I'm not sure how much he actually ate but he sure had fun destroying it. I am surprised he went for it since it is all the textures he doesn't like. We did clean his beak off so he was left with a good experience and not the memory of sticky yuck on his beak. He really didn't make that much of a mess. We placed the tray from his play top on the table and used that to catch the bits. There were only a few pieces that were flung outside of the tray.