NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who is going to buy a pair?

Sarasota

LOL I was thinking that too! I'd have to lose a few "grams" before those toes would hold me.
Oh, I am getting more motivated by the moment... not to lose weight but wondering about that superglue the man used to glue his hardhat to a steel beam. Imagine hubby returning from a business trip, after a long flight and finding me hanging upside down from a chandelier? Now, I must consider how to anchor it. Those flimsy little electric boxes popped into the plaster won't cut it.

Oh, I am getting more motivated by the moment... not to lose weight but wondering about that superglue the man used to glue his hardhat to a steel beam. Imagine hubby returning from a business trip, after a long flight and finding me hanging upside down from a chandelier? Now, I must consider how to anchor it. Those flimsy little electric boxes popped into the plaster won't cut it.

You need wings...and to get the Grey scream down!

These ugly things are getting cuter by the second.....I think I need a pair for Halloween. If not, I'm going as Tippy Hendren from The Birds..and covering myself in fake crows!

Haaaa! I've have/had teenagers. I can come pretty close to the grey scream. Sara, since fake crows might be expensive, take the cheaper route. Get the shoes, slather yourself with body lotion, go stand in the bird room long enough to get a good layer of fluff and dander, and you will be most of the way there! You have enough birds that if you spent a week or so collecting stray feathers, I'm sure you could design an appropriate head piece. Also, you must take and post pics ;)

That Halloween costume will be a scream whichever way you go. I like the feather and fluff but you may be mistaken for Big Bird when he needs a bath. I can visualize the Tippy Hendren look with paper crows attached to thin wire or springs so they will flap wildly and "follow" you if you run. This could be fun, please post photos. LOL.

Oh, you are onto something now. Every time I think I might want to give my husband a surprise, it is only to dye my whole head grey and get a red weave for a tail in the back then show up to his office to take him to lunch. LOL. You might be able to market the whole package ensemble if you collect pigeon feathers from the airport and a big park somewhere. Add a few goosefeathers too. I better try to stay out of this thread, I am beginning to scare myself now.

Hahaha, the net would make for a nice little confrontation now wouldn't it? My husband is the only one who could give me that kind of surprise. You gave me such a good laugh this morning thinking about it though. Early in our marriage, many moons ago, he was watching football and it got him feeling like a tough guy so he surprised me with a tackle. That was not good. There was much gnashing of teeth and he was begging me not to hurt him if he released me. LOL. Now that I think of it, that is about the same reaction I might expect from Gilbert if I suddenly toweled him and snatched him out of his cage. I won't ever be trying that one. Now you have me visualing those slippers and stalking through the house the next time we have company. I bet that would make them think twice about coming again. This is a funny thread, thanks for the giggles.

LOL! I'm sure hubby is older and wiser now. Funny about "company" too! Makes me want the shoes more though... I'm not a very "social" person. I would put the shoes on for certain ones if I thought there was a chance they would think twice about coming again. The shoes, the gray hair color, and the red weave might do it for sure!

I have tried to hunt these down and the best I was able to do was this on FaceBook. I messaged Parrots First and was told that these were not for sale and only this pair was made. Perhaps with all the inquires they will mass produce them and we can all have a pair!

Parrots First

Regarding the "African Gray Slippers"...

as far as we know - and trust me, we HAVE searched - there is NO WAY you can order the slippers.

We suspect these are Home Made and "one of a kind" and have never been made 'for sale' anywhere.

A Refuge for Saving the Wildlife shared Parrots First's photo.

222005_10151117740135819_2017064836_n.jpg

Edited by luvparrots