NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

For feather pickers only

Greywings

This was sent to me by a friend & as I have some feather destructive birds I thought it may help others.

I am starting a feather picking group, to study feather picking and how to control or change it.

If you have a bird that is feather picking and you are willing to put in the work, please let me know you are interested in joining. What I will be doing in this group is providing people with a questionnaire to fill out. I have two other consultants working with me at this time. (Maybe we will get more consultants to help out) The consultants will go over the questionnaires together. Then we will look for similarities and difference in each case. Next we will suggest the easiest changes to make and ask people to report back to us. Each step will be harder to implement. However, we will try to do things a easy as possible first. Then we will record which suggestions were the most successful. This way we will have an idea of the best modus operandi for feather pickers and for each species.

Perhaps feeding tiny seeds and providing other foraging opportunities work best for Greys. Maybe there is a particular toys that works well for most Cockatoos. I feel that there are going to a combination of changes that need to be made for all the birds, yet their may be particular changes that have the strongest impact and that may differ slightly with species.

So, anyone that joins should be willing to try the different suggestions. Any consultants that want to help out should also contact me. The number of people accepted will be determined by the number of consultants that I have to help.

Contact Kasmir off list macawmama@att.net

I do not want to bog down this list.

--

Kashmir Csaky

IAABC Certified Parrot Behavioral Consultant

Parrot Division Chairman

Lynchburg, Virginia

Phone 434-386-0380