NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Darwin A. Grey

Darwinsmom

I figured Darwin needed a thread of his own rather than the intro one, because his mother takes LOTS of photos and video! lol

Darwin is has been home for 2 weeks now and he is getting quite settled so we decided to start working with the aviator harness. Well, what I thought would be an intro to the harness was actually all of 90 seconds to get it on him, he couldn't care less. I shouldnt have been surprised, he lets me do anything to him, even rolling him on his back, playing with his wings and dremmeling his toe nails. I cannot believe how easy going he is.

In his outside cage, getting some sun

0209e3bd.jpg

Hanging out in the tree out front, after we picked tomatoes (which is harder to do with a Grey on your hand)

1955cd0b.jpg

aa24aee8.jpg

92409780.jpg

2c329b6d.jpg

Careful what you wish for Judy...lol. I take a lot of pics! Sadly I have only a few of Garth and my Greenwing, digital cameras were not the norm 20 years ago.

I just made a batch of birdie bread with quinoa, veggies, pumpkin, oats etc... I'm hoping he likes them. The chicken thigh bone was a HUGE hit this morning, he demolished it, I could barely find a trace of it on the bottom of the cage!

P.S. I'm an idiot, I noticed afterwards that I manged to get his harness on inside out and he still put up with me...lol

These may be the only photos I have of my other birds. It seems like a few lifetimes ago. Garth would have been 20 this year. According to the date these were taken in 1997, so Garth was 5 and Rio (Greenwing) was 3. The photos of Darwin taken this morning ere in the very same crabapple tree.

e09f7deb.jpg

127cccdf.jpg

Darwin is a real cutie!! That is awesome that he took to the harness so fast, wish I had started that right away. :( Loved the pics, beautiful healthy looking fids! :)

I was surprised he didnt even think twice about me putting it on him. I think I got lucky, just need to maintain it so he stays used to it.

Aww thanks for the sharing the pictures. He's such a cute little guy. Already I am missing the baby eyes as Jasper's have turned silver now. It's so fun watching them grow and develop.

I like watching him figure things out for the first time he sees them. He's not shy and really pays attention to new things.