NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

5 Famous Greys and a Budgerigar

Ray P

5 Famous Greys you should know

1. Alex

Alex had a vocabulary of about 100 words, but was one of the most famous birds because of his cognitive abilities.

In 2005 World Science reported that Alex understood the concept of zero.

Alex died on September 6, 2007.

2. Prudle

Prudle held the Guinness World Recored for the bird with the biggest vocabulary for many years with a documented vocabulary of 800 words.

3. N`kisi

N`kisi is noted for his impressive English usage skills and other abilities. As of January 2004 he had a documented vocabulary of 950 words and shows sings of a sense of humor.

N`kisi is believed to be one of the most advanced users of human language in the animal world.

4. Einstein

Einstein Has appeared on many TV shows and became famous for her ability to recreate sounds as well as voice. Video clips show her making the sound of a laser beam and a evil laugh.

She was trained by Stephanie White.

5. Bibi

Bibi a Congo African Grey parrot is best known for her ability to use greetings from 20 different languages earning her the nickname "the Polyglot Parrot".

At only three years of age Bibi has already developed a vocabulary of about 300 words, and understands the concept of color and shape.

And now the Budgerigar

Puck

In 1995 a budgerigar named Puck was credited by Guinness World Records as having the largest vocabulary of any bird at 1728 Words.

Edited by Ray P

Hi Maggie, the thread was just about well known greys and the reason they were well known. As to the project and the skeptics the grey was still well known and a lot more research was and is needed.

I also lost track of N`kisi. but the name is still out there even if it is history.

I try to use information from reputable Scorsese and documentation from people like Guinness World Records for credibility.

As to whether I agree or not was not meant to be part of the thread. It was up to the reader to decide.

Awesome! I think you have to include the "other" Einstein. He's really catching up...and makes up his own sayings (Merry Christmas is "Merry Corn!!!"):http://www.youtube.com/user/4zebird?feature=watch

Sarasota, My dear lady, since you're a lover of Einstein, I'd like to present her. DIRECTLY from a world wide tour, This is the famous female Einstein ( not a sex change, he was always a female) doing her 07 long performance!! Enjoy!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v50/DaveVP/?action=view&current=EinsteinsWordPractice.mp4

Edited by Dave007

Dave, is she yours???????

No, but I've exchanged quite a few Emails with the owner who also happens to be a female. She can be heard in the background talking to Einstein.

Go to YouTube, find one of her videos, subscribe to it and you'll start getting all the latest things at your Email link that she's doing .

Edited by Dave007

I think another grey worth mentioning is Cosmo from "Conversations With Cosmo". A few months ago they published some interesting research using Cosmo as the subject. It showed that Greys use language differently depending on social situations. They documented Cosmos when alone and speaking, Cosmo when being interacted with directly one on one, and Cosmo when two other people were interacting and Cosmo was sort on the outside. It was amazing how Cosmo used language differently in each situation.

Edited by JeffNOK

I think another grey worth mentioning is Cosmo from "Conversations With Cosmo". A few months ago they published some interesting research using Cosmo as the subject. It showed that Greys use language differently depending on social situations. They documented Cosmos when alone and speaking, Cosmo when being interacted with directly one on one, and Cosmo when two other people were interacting and Cosmo was sort on the outside. It was amazing how Cosmo used language differently in each situation.

http://www.cosmotalks.com/about_cosmo/