NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

examples of intelligence

kiwibarb12

This thread is intended to allow AG "owners" to post examples of their birds intelligence - for example -

Beckette has a toy made of rubber that is hollow and has large holes all over it. I stuff nuts in it for Beckette to work at to get out. It keeps her occupied for hours.

Yesterday, I did it again, and blowed if the clever little dusty chicken didn't carry it over to her food dish and put it in it, so that the ball wouldn't roll around while she got the nuts out. Needless to say, it didn't take her nearly as long to get her treats! I was flabbergasted!!!!:ohmy:

She had thought about it, and came up with a way to stop the ball from rolling. Very tricky!

Guest briansmum

clever bird!!

yep, i got a new one from brian. i recently changed the toys round in his cage and i put his loud bell on a long chain (which he loves to beat up) next to a rope hoop he likes to swing in and thought nothing of it.

well it took him less than 30 mins to work out if he hit the bell hard enough, just the right way it would swing back through the hoop, thus being tangled there for him to leap on and attack. making lots of noise.

two days later he is efficiant in both tangling and de-tangling the bell when he feels like it. such a clever, noisey little boy.

• 2 weeks later...