NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

That was so strange!

Timbersmom

I just had the funniest experience with Timber so I thought I'd share. My aerobics class started back tonight after summer break. As soon as I got home, I went straight to his cage (which I always do when I get home) and talked to him. He wasn't responding much, but he doesn't always. So, I gave him a peanut and opened the cage door so he could come out. He ate a little of the peanut, dropped most of it, and just sat there. After 15 minutes, he still hadn't came out of the cage. That was a record since his first few days here. He usually heads for the door before I can even get it open. I'm getting concerned that something is wrong, so I look at the food bowls (good level for this time of day), check the water (plenty), check the poo on the paper (normal). He just looks at me. At any rate, he finally comes to the door of the cage and perches on the sill. I reach to pet him (we've been having pet fests nightly for a few weeks) and he cocks his head to the side and stares at me. I try again and he lunges at my finger for the first time in a long time. I thought "OK, just having an off day" and sat in my chair. As I was sitting there, I remembered something I read on the forum and the light bulb came on. I put my hair up in combs and wear a headband to aerobics. So, I took my headband off, shook my hair out and showed him that it was really me. Now he's totally normal! Haaaa...

Everyone who has pointed out that grey's don't like change is right on the money! :o

Interesting how they don't accept change from us but they seem to change with the wind. They are always keeping us guessing, aren't they? Can you imagine what goes on in Timber's mind? Here he spends all this time training you and you walk right up to him "out of costume"? Congrats on learning what he expects from you. LOL.