NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Here we again, back from the vet.

murfchck

It would be wonderful! It was so cute when i dropped him off this morning, i had his carrier covered since it was 40 degrees and when we go into the office i uncovered him and he just looked at me and said hi. ( he was only covered from the car to the office but he acted like he hadn't seen me for a long time.) The nurse came to get him and when she said hello to him, he said ouch, then as she was taking him to the back he said bye to me. All this time, they have never heard him say anything and he has something to say about everything! Now the poopie news, he last weigh in was below 800 grams, 786 to be exact. Hopefully it is just because his butt was sore and he knew stuff would come out if he ate. Oliver has been screaming all morning for Bubba, getting a headache now but what can ya do, his buddy isn't home.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sure tell he went to the vet. He was singing his opera again! Poor Oliver doesn't stand a chance to get a word in around here, between all these guys chatting at the same Pat and i can hardly talk! They compete too on who can be the loudest, other than the macaw scream, Bongo wins hands down.

At bedtime we always do our pretend fly with them, Pat had Oliver and i was behind them with Bubba and we took off. For some reason Pat stopped and i had to do a quick stop which caused Bubba to lean forward, he was already crouched like he was taking off, he let out a laugh like it was the funnest thing ever and laughed all the way to his cage. We came out laughing with tears running down our face saying, " this is what makes all the stress worth while". He really is smart and uses his words at just the right time. Last night we had company, they got up to leave so Bubba said bye to them, of course they stopped and said bye to him, then started talking again. Bubba gave up saying bye and started saying go, over and over until they moved to the front door then he lifted his wing and said bye. My friend said she had better go after that because she was afraid of what he might say next if she didn't. Lol

Great news for Bubba on the vet check. I know I am more than relieved about that stretching and probing, and I am not even in the same room. Can you imagine how Bubba felt hearing that news and getting through the day at the vet without any "indignities"? Great job on getting his weight up a little too. He is so funny with his opera and antics. I am thinking how much fun it must be at your house with the faux flying and laughter and joy. Congratulations on your good news.

We figured out (ok, more like we are admitting) what triggers the Bubba bites! Hubby got his first nip tonight. When the boys are away from their cages and away from their stands, they are out of their comfort zones. Each bite has been when they are within viewing distance of each other but away from their safety areas. If we have just one of them, away from their safe zones it is just fine, their temperment is acceptable. So, no more together walks, one then the other no matter how loud they scream!

We had a blast tonight! Knowing they can't be within viewing distance made all the differance! Also discovered that when Bubba gets his wing feathers back that boy will fly! I guess his floppy wing has built up strength with our simulated flights. It was a beautiful evening, no hawks seen so i brought bubba out front under the trees for our flight. I trotted around and he started flapping. The strength and power were amazing, i slowed but he kept going forward doing a forward flip around my hand. We took off running again, same result except this time 2 cars stopped, just watched. Pat was at the front door watching us too, just amazed at the obvious fun he was having. Harness next Saturday! LOL

I am going to try and get it on video! I thought i would take Oliver out today and fly him around some. We got out there his eyes pinned, he leaned back on my hand ready for take off... Just as i started to go, he totally relaxed and quit holding on to me. We couldn't fly that way so i just set him down to wander around, that he did too, he took off running through the flower bed, over the rocks and edging down the sidewalk right to the front door where he looked in, paced back and forth and then would turn to me and lift his foot. Lol

Lol, hearing your description made me chuckle. Far from a field, more like running around a tree trying to avoid dead branches/twigs on the ground by doing a weird high step run, come to think about it, maybe thats why the cars stopped, trying to figure out if that weird lady needed medical help!

LOL At least the guys in the white coats didn't show up, so they must have decided not to call it in! I'm off work today and earlier, as I was boiling Timber's chicken wing, poring over what pellet to order (futilely) next, and wondering how he would do when I leave town for a couple of days at the end of the week... I started whistling "They're coming to take me away"

How funny!

I got video of Pat running with Bubba, just have no clue how to upload it. Going to try and figure it out today though. I laughed till i darn near peed my pants. Pat took off running and Bubba let out an "arrrrrrrrrr" during the run. We guess it is his version of weeeeeee!

Argggg! It may take me a bit. Gotta learn u tube, never posted to it before. I am not sure how else to post. I will get it on there though!

Okay, i am missing something here. In the last hour i have managed to do nothing more than create yet another gmail address but still can't get into youtube! It keeps telling me i am logged in but i am not! Frustrating i tell ya! No wonder my birds are goofy, look who is trying to train them! Lol Yikes!

Edited by murfchck

Tried again. Guess what?! I got another gmail account. Maybe it just doesn't work on a tablet and i need to move to the big computer. I will try that today. Bubba and Bongo were very vocal yesterday, i had to get out the voice recorder because i knew Pat wouldn't believe just how vocal. I am so glad i had it recording, Bubba said "hi beautiful" to me. (ok so i am choosing to think he said it to me even though i was in the kitchen at the time. He won't say my name or mama so i am claimimg this phrase!) A few minutes later he also said "shut up, go" to which i am going to say he said to the barking dogs, who also were very vocal. I am trying to change that to "hush puppies". Hubby is trying to fluster his mom, who is very political, by teaching bubba to respond to the question, who do you want for president and him reply with Barack, then do his evil laugh like he is mocking her and knows it will make her mad. He has the name down now and repeats it over and over, whether we ask the question or not! Boy will Thanksgiving at our house be fun! : / Lol ( sad, we are still undecided, and now Bubba saying Barack sounds like he is trying to convince us!)