NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Going on vacation.. looking for bird person to leave my birds with..

ceiji

I need to go out of the country for a month in December. I dont feel great leaving my birds with pet shops and other commercial boarding places. Does anyone know of a bird person who would be interested in 'bird sitting' my birds? I have a CAG and an Amboina King parrot. Any help is appreciated.

If am lucky to find a person, I would like to start bringing my birds to them now itself and get them used to it.

Great idea luvparrots! I boarded at my birdstore I trust, and they had fun when they were younger.Eventually as birds got older, and so did kids, I hired two of their friends that birds loved and would stepup too.No issues at all, except the year Sophie learned to say " asshole!" Took her a week, was her first word she said to me when I walked in the door. JEFFREY!!!! Of coarse it wasn't him, he said it once on the phone. ( sure!) Nancy

Great idea luvparrots! I boarded at my birdstore I trust, and they had fun when they were younger.Eventually as birds got older, and so did kids, I hired two of their friends that birds loved and would stepup too.No issues at all, except the year Sophie learned to say " asshole!" Took her a week, was her first word she said to me when I walked in the door. JEFFREY!!!! Of coarse it wasn't him, he said it once on the phone. ( sure!) Nancy

You have a bird store you trust? I haven't come across one I trust. I went into one and saw how cheap there boarding prices were and inquired about what was required to board there. My avian vet requires you be a patient there or you have a health certificate. So I asked if they required a health certificate. They said no, they can tell by looking at a bird if it's sick or not. That pretty much solidified my opinion of most bird stores. I'm sure there are better ones out there. Long story short I wouldn't trust a shop that's shipping in birds from all over the place and likewise I'd be worried about a person you don't know who has a lot of birds. Someone who visits your home once or twice a day might be safer health wise. Just my two cents.

Yes... I'm lucky to have a birdstore I trust! I trust them with my birds lives! The reason I stopped sending my birds there, for care, is because, it was important to me when they were little, to hangout socially on the " general" gym, to socialize.When I came home after a week, The birdstore, was obligated, to present me with " offers", to buy my birds.Of course, I should feel " honored", but it totally freaked me out! Never again, did I send my birds to birdstore. Nancy