NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We adopted a Timneh

Pepper says Hello!

IMG_20120811_114608.jpg

She is four years old. Her previous owner had a lot of birds but less time to deal with them, so we have been contacting each other over the last few weeks. On Friday my husband and I spent 20 hours on a long car trip to bring her home! She has been well cared for and it shows in many ways. She is very gentle, very friendly, love scritches, LOVES food, and is even stepping up for the kids (not all the time but most of the time.)

IMG_20120812_111707.jpg

She prefers me to my husband but he is working his darnedest and spending lots of time with her. She's very quite so far, an occassional chirp and contact calls when I'm not in the room, but we figure as she grows more comfortable we will probably hear more.

She's not very into her toys or her swing yet. She sleeps in her snuggle hut.

Here's her cage setup:

IMG_20120811_084805.jpg

The only thing she played with in her cage is the crumpled paper garland I made for her. :D She loves to rip paper. Her cage is within view of the food prep counter in the kitchen and whenever she sees me making food she does her I want it dance and I must give her a bit. She's tried all sorts of things but her favorite seems to be baby carrots so far. The only thing she didn't get into was the chicken wing bone. At dinner I let her perch on my arm and she went crazy for my tuna sandwhich, very swiftly went for a big chunk of the bread!

We are all enjoying her so much. I had a great scritchin session for a good twenty minutes today. She loved being rubbed on her neck, head and cheeks.

My husband is working hard to win her over. He easily spent a good three hours total with her, sitting quietly, talking to her,

Oh how very exciting! You baby looks very healthy, in good shape and most of all happy! Just remember to take things slow, and in moderations. Do not rush anything with your grey, let him settle into his new environment, and observe his new surroundings. I am very happy that things are going very well. Keep us updated! love the photos also!!!

Pepper says Hello!

IMG_20120811_114608.jpg

She is four years old. Her previous owner had a lot of birds but less time to deal with them, so we have been contacting each other over the last few weeks. On Friday my husband and I spent 20 hours on a long car trip to bring her home! She has been well cared for and it shows in many ways. She is very gentle, very friendly, love scritches, LOVES food, and is even stepping up for the kids (not all the time but most of the time.)

IMG_20120812_111707.jpg

She prefers me to my husband but he is working his darnedest and spending lots of time with her. She's very quite so far, an occassional chirp and contact calls when I'm not in the room, but we figure as she grows more comfortable we will probably hear more.

She's not very into her toys or her swing yet. She sleeps in her snuggle hut.

Here's her cage setup:

IMG_20120811_084805.jpg

The only thing she played with in her cage is the crumpled paper garland I made for her. :D She loves to rip paper. Her cage is within view of the food prep counter in the kitchen and whenever she sees me making food she does her I want it dance and I must give her a bit. She's tried all sorts of things but her favorite seems to be baby carrots so far. The only thing she didn't get into was the chicken wing bone. At dinner I let her perch on my arm and she went crazy for my tuna sandwhich, very swiftly went for a big chunk of the bread!

We are all enjoying her so much. I had a great scritchin session for a good twenty minutes today. She loved being rubbed on her neck, head and cheeks.

My husband is working hard to win her over. He easily spent a good three hours total with her, sitting quietly, talking to her,

awww your pics are GREAT!!!! love it and welcome home pepper. I did find that what marco didnt like today, she would like tomorrow. the first time I gave her a chicken bone she was the same, the second time she destroyyyyyyyed it. I think its a mood thing lol :D congrats to yoU!

A big welcome to Pepper and you, Join in with us and ask anything you need to were a friendly bunch on here and we all help each other out, Her cage set up is wonderful for her, It takes grey's a long time to get use to change or new toy she will be playing with them in no time. x

Thank you all!

She has been very cuddly. Last night between my husband and I she must have got an hour of scritches! She is stepping up for the three older kids and taking food bits from them. She has started making a few more noises and is overall just making us all fall in love with her. This has been a much easier transition than I imagined!