NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What to do about the poo!!

BeeFernandez22

Just curious how you all deal with the birdy poo all over when your birds are out? Maverick is obviously still adjusting so he is spending most of his time out on his basket, which catches the poo but once he gets comfortable and is flying around like some of you guys birds, what will I do then?? Haha. Funny question I know but I was thinking about this earlier as I was cleaning some off of my comforter!

You will if d that your birds go in the same spots, so I frequently clean them up, but at night I go thru the house and clean up the places they usually go. you can put something down, but as soon as they fly, the paper goes flying too!

Crazy but.....if you can let it dry on a fabric, it pops right off and the white uroliths brush off fairly easily. I have a friend who advised me that a bit of scotch brite scrubby works great on the dried white part too. lol I suppose when you have birds there's going to be poo. : )

When it is on the floor, tile or wood, the laminate countertop samples from Home Depot work great as a scraper for the darker poo, then just sweep and mop. Of course this is for the dried stuff. Best if you can get it right away but man, mine poops so much i can't keep up!

I have babywipes in like every room LOL from the floor to the counter to her birdstand ... they work great. I try however to make sure something is always under her if shes on the couches cuz Id much rather wash a towel then scrub poop offa my couch lol (that doesnt always work) she likes to grab the towel and mess it up lol

Yikes! Poo pictures is a new idea... ;) I can only imagine cleaning up after multiple birds. I just have one, and it seems that every time I sit down I notice a new spot to clean and a sly looking bird. I'm with Aerial, baby/wet wipes in every room! The countertop scraper murfchck mentioned sounds like a good idea. I need to get one of those for the spots I miss when they are fresh.

Just when you think you have it bad......there is always someone who has it worse! Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine...lol
I often get questions about my pigeons - I have 12 in a loft. I laugh. I use a scraper to get the perfectly formed poo off a wooden floor/nest boxes. It's SIMPLE compared to parrots and toucans!

Before I got my first parrot, I had all the carpet replaced with laminated wood floors. I have boings and perches in front of my windows or corners of my rooms and put newspaper under each spot. My birds land there. Because my parrots are flighted, I anchor the paper down with rubber based furniture protectors which I get from True Value stores. Works for me.

Before I got my first parrot, I had all the carpet replaced with laminated wood floors.

That's why I recently did. I LOVE the laminated floors. That is, until I got a un-housetained dog. Little puckers at the seams of the floor where he made his mistakes. UGH!

One thing I always do is to make sure to get Isaac to a good place for those morning, or fresh out of the cage poops. Other than that, sometimes I can keep up, other times I can't...it is a huge job picking up after a flying parrot. I always fall behind at some point because, well eventually you have to do something else. They poop sooo often. Cleaning tools, scrapers, cleaning solutions, steam vac, dry vacs...and a buttload of commitment.

We have a " poo cleaning party!" All rooms with hardwood floors, except one. When I had hardwood floors redone, I had them do a trillion layers of shalack. ( whatever you call it). I soak the bad poos with a towel and warn water, it comes right up. ( then dry!) As far as family room... 1800 STANLEY! Every three months. They know what they are up against! Surprisingly, they poop less in carpeted room, compared to hardwood floors. Nancy

...it is a huge job picking up after a flying parrot. I always fall behind at some point because, well eventually you have to do something else. They poop sooo often. Cleaning tools, scrapers, cleaning solutions, steam vac, dry vacs...and a buttload of commitment.

Oh heck yeah! Imagine two flying parrots, two toucans and two dogs. I recently bought a iRobot Roomba and a Mint. While the animals are in one room, the machines are cleaning the other. And I STILL have to sweep and mop constantly. Ahhh....what we do for love. :)

we used our air miles for a little green machine. works great when our couch gets it. try putting paper but the bugger knows this I think. poops around it. especially when company comes over. but member is right we love them so we deal.

Only on the grey forum can poop be a long running thread. You can post pictures of your grey and pictures of their poop to. And the members will stop and take the time to look at it.

Don't tempt me. :)

On the pigeon boards, poop is discussed constantly. With photos. Poop is huge!