NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mobile Template?

kashalp

I know I'm pretty new here but curious to know if the admin could install a mobile template? If there is anyone else like me they will know what I mean when I say I do 99% of all my Internet browsing on some sort of mobile device (iPhone, IPad etc etc). The full default style template is not very mobile friendly. Still functional, but a mobile version that users can opt to use would be way more effieciant and easier to read/browse. :)

Thanks for reading.

I've been wondering about this as well. I just got a Galaxy S III and it's so snappy with websites I find myself using it more than I normally would have before I put it down and move to a normal computer. Most forums are built on templates sometimes there are mobile apps that can read that template and display it in a more mobile friendly way without the site being mobile friendly.

I wouldn't mind, either. I got an iPod touch & was surprised at how well it handled the internet. It's almost always w/me for music. So, once I finally got used to the keypad, I started using it more & more often for web browsing. It will never replace my PC. But, like FirstPenguin said, lots of times it's just more convenient.

It doesn't have to be a dedicated mobile app but there are apps that are meant to read forums if the forum has gone to the effort of making there formatting available to the app makers. I may have the way that works wrong. Point is it's not as hard as having to make your own app. Look up an app called forum runner.