NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Banner's first bath

Sachi

Well, I decided this afternoon when I went home for lunch to try to give Banner his first bath. I picked up a spray bottle on the way home and filled it up with bottled water. I placed him on the tabletop perch that we bought for future training and sprayed the bottle straight up in the air so it would rain down on him. At first I couldn't tell if he liked it or if he was angry, but I think that he did enjoy it.

Here are some photos.

1W6A0505-L.jpg

1W6A0498-L.jpg

I know he doesn't look that wet, but I only have an hour for lunch and didn't want to completely soak him.

1W6A0506-L.jpg

1W6A0508-L.jpg

1W6A0510-L.jpg

1W6A0512-L.jpg

1W6A0513-L.jpg

I put him in his travel cage after we were done with the "shower" - he got some sun and was able to dry off a bit before I put him back in his cage and headed back to work.

1W6A0520-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'm a portrait photographer in addition to my day job. For these I used my 5D Mark III along with my walk-around lens - 24-105 f4. Can't wait to give him a bath when my boyfriend's home so I can take some photos while he's being sprayed! To get these the process was: Spray - Drop bottle - Pick up camera and focus as quickly as possible. I'd love to have gotten some of the water falling from the above!

I'm a portrait photographer in addition to my day job. For these I used my 5D Mark III along with my walk-around lens - 24-105 f4. Can't wait to give him a bath when my boyfriend's home so I can take some photos while he's being sprayed! To get these the process was: Spray - Drop bottle - Pick up camera and focus as quickly as possible. I'd love to have gotten some of the water falling from the above!

I have to deal with a lot of the video from the MKIII in my work. Not my favorite camera to deal with for video but you can't go wrong with it for stills. I look forward to seeing more of your bird related work. One thing I've been trying to get is my Senegal frozen in mid flight but often we can't get into a situation where there's enough light and she's really hard to track and shoot at the same time.

He certainly looks happy! I'm so glad that my CAG enjoys her baths too! After a bath she just seems so refreshed, and that's when she is the most vocal and talks and practices her sounds and words.

Edited by JeffNOK