NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What's your Greys weight?

kashalp

I'm more specifically looking for your TAG's weight but im sure CAG owners would also appreciate hearing for comparison.

I was recently told that my TAG Skippy was under weight so i borrowed a scale from my friend Brad (user name Keeco) and put him on it to see for myself. It turns out Skippy weighs only 260g. I've heard Tags can be anywhere from 275-400, so even if he just has "a small frame" he is still below the lightest/smallest on that particular scale reference.

Thanks

Steve & Skippy

P.S if any IRN owners are curious my female Indian ring neck Kiwi weighed in at 116g :)

I'm more specifically looking for your TAG's weight but im sure CAG owners would also appreciate hearing for comparison.

I was recently told that my TAG Skippy was under weight so i borrowed a scale from my friend Brad (user name Keeco) and put him on it to see for myself. It turns out Skippy weighs only 260g. I've heard Tags can be anywhere from 275-400, so even if he just has "a small frame" he is still below the lightest/smallest on that particular scale reference.

Thanks

Steve & Skippy

P.S if any IRN owners are curious my female Indian ring neck Kiwi weighed in at 116g :)

I just had a check up for Egan recently and I think he was around 280g. The vet said he was fine. I think that Egan is on the small side for TAGs so 260 might be low for your Skippy. (I feed Egan Harrison's for African Greys plus veggies and avian vitamins plus other foods that we eat.)

Jake consistently weighed 290 grams at the shop for 3 weeks and I had the dates those weights were noted to give to the vet but fell to 267 during the week I brought him home. The vet said that losing up to 10% of body weight is normal during the first few weeks. I thought it was a bit much but he was busy exploring his new surroundings. We go back for a quick check in October.

Yay Alfie! Sophie and Alfie can wing wrestle fairly. LOL! Sophie weighs 435 grams.Kiki our Amazon only weighs 350 gms. I was surprised. She looks alot bigger than Sophie.Brutus and Luna are 1st and 2nd so far.Keep the weights coming guys.

On a sad note, everyone got their beaks and nails trimmed today. Sunny is too skinny. He needs to gains 22 grams. He is a sunconure. Paul thinks he is healthy, but getting old. ( he was a rescue, I have no idea how old he really is.) Now Sunny is on a high carb and fat diet. Any ideas guys? I bought a ton of high fat and protein seeds, nuts , and high sugar snacks.Told to give him Macaroni and cheese, pasta, pizza. Going to take him to the vet, but as he is active, happy and eating, not sure whats going on.Tomorrow we're going with scrambled eggs and sausage. Nancy

...at 461 grams which is almost exactly 1lb in proper weight:)

It's amazing - my homing pigeons are (mostly) a full pound each. It's pure muscle. Even though my parrots and toucans are fully flighted, nothing compares to daily exercise of flying several miles a day. If you've never had your hands on a homing pigeon - try it! It's incredible!

It's amazing - my homing pigeons are (mostly) a full pound each. It's pure muscle. Even though my parrots and toucans are fully flighted, nothing compares to daily exercise of flying several miles a day. If you've never had your hands on a homing pigeon - try it! It's incredible!

Misty is flighted and I encourage him to fly around as much as is possible but he obviously does not get to fly anyway near the way your pigeons do.

Steve n Misty