NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Oregon

Hi, my name is Diana, and I live in Oregon. Our family has been looking into owning a parrot for the last few months, and we are strongly interested in a Timneh grey. I have so many questions as we consider this bird and I'm sure I will have many more if we get one. I've been doing a great deal of reading online and talking to parrot people on the phone. (Parrot people are good talkers!)

Anyway, I have my husband and four kiddos. We have two rats, our first pets we've had as a family. My husband is allergic to cats and dogs. As a teenager he had a blue headed pionus that was stolen and he's wanted another parrot since. I am into knitting, Doctor Who, and spend most of my awake hours chasing after my kiddos.

Hello Diana and welcome to our family, glad to hear you are wanting to add a grey to your household.

They are awesome creatures as you probably already know, they are known to be some of the greatest talkers but they have so much to offer even if they never utter a word as you will find out.

So glad to hear you are doing the research before plunging in as it is best to know what you are getting into so you won't be surprised, not everyone does this and then so many end up needing a new home, not something we like here and can be prevented so easily by doing the fact finding.

I look forward to hearing more about your quest for the grey.

Hey Diana, a big welcome from another Oregonian! Good luck in your search for a grey. Everyone is here to help with whatever questions you have and there are a lot of great articles to read through on the forum. Have you decided if you will be adopting a rescue grey or finding a breeder? Greys are wonderful birds and will definitely change your life :)