NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

OMG cutest thing!

alexispolicastro

Good morning all!

So I just wanted to share some baby fun... this morning after stormy's feeding she comes waddling over to me as she always does for snuggle time... well she puts her neck all the way out and starts rubbing her head and face into my cheek and pushing her face into mine and cooing.... it was so cute! On the other hand ... those nails are killing me! The concrete perch that she's beginning to sit on isn't doin what I'd hoped... any suggestions? Or just endure it? My thought was to slightly touch her nails with a soft file just so the edges wouldn't be so pointy.. not enough to hinder her grip tho... any thoughts?

That is so cute and just melted your heart, they can be so sweet and cuddly at this age, hope you have some kind of soft thing she can cuddle up to in her enclosure as it makes them feel like there is another sibling with her and she won't feel alone.

Yes by all means if she will let you slightly file down the tip so they are not so sharp will be fine, I know how shart they can be as my arms are proof of it.

On those sharp talon points. Yes, now is the best time to get her used to an emery board for example and she can safely lightly beak it. Maybe file your nails a little and do hers on and off enough to just flatten those skin piercing points.

They certainly are very cure at such a young age. :)

Edited by danmcq

LMAO I was tryin to file Marcos the other day trying to see if I could get her used to it w/out having to have someone else towel her so I could just start doing it at home myself and she would grab the side of the file and allow her head to move back n forth with the file. It was making me giggle !!! needless to say I only got to 2 of them and dont even know how well cuz I was laffing to hard!

Aww, what a sweetheart. Good idea on starting to file those sharp and pointy nails. Eventually she will be on the concrete perch enough to tone down her tips but finding a way now while she is compliant and eager to learn new things is a great idea. I love these baby stories.

Its the most fun for me... I love raising babies... and she did let me file them.... but I couldn't get the inner back ones .. of coarse u know those r the worst! And she just met punky my lovebird face to face for the first time yesterday .... once she realized he was real she lunged at him... lol I'm trying to upload pics of the encounter.... I'm so illiterate with computers... lol

Some thing I did for Corkys nails is I took a concrete perch and made a concrete swing.

When she swings on it she holds on and the movement of her feet on the swing keeps the points rounded. She also has a wooden swing so she has a choice as to witch swing she wants.