NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my 5 month old CAG talking up a storm!

Guest candismalli

Guest candismalli

Charley my 5mo old CAG is talking so much! He says things like "I love you" "look at you" "pretty bird" does the sexy whistle, and my cell phone ring. He is very social and loves to get scritches and fly on my head or to his boing. He loves to climb all over his cage and play with lots of toys, it is funny when he "attacks" them. He seems so advanced I am so surprised! He even put together a sentence- "look at you pretty bird" those are 2 phrases we use separate to him! I love my baby and he is so much fun!!!

What a happy little guy you have. Love that he is enjoying your attention nearly as much as you enjoy his. It never fails to amaze me when either of my parrots says just the right thing at the right time. You have a great relationship with Charley.

I think it must depend on the bird and how much stimulation they get. My baby is not even 3 1/2 months yet and is talking and has been for a couple of weeks. He's still at the store (home the week after next) and constantly has people talking to him and other birds beside him who speak.

Some babies talk sooner than others in my opinion. Sophie was two when we adopted her, didn't talk alot... BUT she came from a very rich parent, who treated her like royalty. I know he did the ultimate sacrifice since he knew he was too busy to care for her. Within six months her vocabulary was amazing! Even though he was too busy for her, she was a very happy and secure bird, so I thank him for that. Nancy