NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Odd behavior??

Sassy

Is this normal? Neytiri learned to fly on sat and she seems nippier than ever now. She's now 14 weeks. She's even biting the girl that cleans her cage in the mornings. She just seems really moody.

Not totally sure what to do. If she continues to bite me after saying no bite I put her in her cage for a couple minutes and turn my back. Then she's nice for a while.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Sassy

Edited by Sassy
Add info

She is learning about her beak and her world. How do things taste, is this for chewing, etc. I distract Jake and if that doesn't work I turn my hand ever so slightly so he has to adjust his feet. I also approach with my hand in a fist so it doesn't look like a toy.

Socializing and bonding are two different things, a Grey can socialize with many people, example, vet's neighbor's groomer, friends etc, this is good and strengthens bonding.Cage cleaners are ok, same as sitters, they don't even act the same around the parrots as a Parront does.... Jay

Nancy; I have been going back to Sassys old post and I beleve her grey is not home yet, so other people are still taking care of some of her greys needs.

Neytiri is finding about his body and like wingy said at this stage distraction is a good part of helping her growing up and stoping bad habbits

Thanks Ray. You are correct and Neytiri is not home yet. Wish she was though. But I am being patient and won't rush the weaning process.

I will try distracting her when she tries to bite.

Sassy

Sassy...I have been visiting with Lola and her clutch mates, including a pair of Goffins and a Rosie. Since they have fledged, all have become much more exploratory with their beaks. Some more so than others (ouch). I always tell them "no bite" in a very matter of fact tone and offer a distraction. It is exciting for me to see the developmental changes in the babies as they have fledged...so much more confidence. Good luck!