NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What should my next bird be?

oblivion

Quakers are awesome birds and a lot of fun. They can be loud and their bite packs quite a pinch. They can be loud but that is usually limited to twice a day unless they are upset by something or need to tell you something is wrong. They are very mischievous and will "make a plan" to get what they want (think small child knows there are cookies in the cookie jar on the top of the fridge and they are determined to have one). Quakers are a favorite of mine and it was a choice between a grey and a quaker.

I've carried this story over to the Quaker room, but I wanted to kind of wrap a few things up here. First, thanks for all of the responses here. I appreciate each one and the time they took to create. If I didn't end up with the bird you presented just realize I'm not done with this bird stuff yet. :D I got a little flighty at the end (pun only slightly intended), but I think it all worked out as it was supposed to. A bird needed a home. I needed a bird. We're still friends after 3 days. Win-win.

Wingy, to your comments, YES they can pinch! Wow. Not Grey strength, but MAN. My wife signed off on the noise level as she worked from home on Friday and said Spencer was still louder. Hopefully they don't make a competition out of it! ;) Yesterday I was trying to catch a nap after a hard day in the sun, when Navaro woke me with some screeching. Of course it was more grating since I'd been sleeping, but in a way it was kind of sweet because it sounded like a louder, deeper version of our old budgie. Brought back some memories. I waited for him to stop screeching then went in there and did some work on his cage (switched which side the food doors are on and moved perches so I could turn it 90 degrees for a better fit in the corner), put the new runner under it, and generally straightened up and gave him some out-of-cage time. Not a bad way to follow up (but not reward with drama) a screech session. Today, no such screeching as we spent a lot of time with both birds.

Thanks again, everyone.