NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spraying Grey with Aloe Vera is stressing more than helping

nasupops

Hi. so i've been spraying the grey with aloe vera but it's seems as if he's more stressed out when i sprayed him than anything else. Today when we sprayed him immediately after he pulled a feather right out in front of me! He absolutely hates the spray bottle and even bathing. What can i do? And i haven't been showing my emotions about this in front of my grey. :confused::confused:

Many greys don't like bathing, misting or showers. As far as their reaction to misting/spraying, most of the time, the grey will act like you're killing him...growling. squawking, screeching. A person should try not to pay a lot of attention to that or at least don't let it slow you down the when misting.

As far as what you're doing, it's possible that you weren't doing it properly. Spraying a bird who's not close will cause the above reactions.

Please read this link. There's a part that tells you how to mist. The feather he pulled out may have been one that was ready to fall out. Now if you said that every single time you misted him and he pulled out a feather each time, then I would say that you should stop misting him.

There's some areas on a bird that will benefit and help. Those areas are the skin--breast, under wings, base of the tail ( underneath).

There's some areas where the aloe won't do good at all---top of the body, top of the wings, top of the tail. All of those outer feathers are waterproof and any fluid simply rolls off the feathers. No penetration at all.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?189967-100-natural-aloe-vera-juice

Edited by Dave007