NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Should I or Shouldn't I?

prettyBird

Hello everyone:)

I haven't posted in a long time. Just been lurking and reading:). Also, I wasn't sure of where to post this, but since it's about a baby I figured here would be fine. Mods, if you want to move it, please do :).

So, I've been looking into a larger bird for awhile now, and have gone back and forth on all sorts of birds. Recently I found a bird that is kinda pulling at my heartstrings.

Alittle info: He(DNA'd) is a CAG with a sweet little face. The baby was born October of last year, and his owner is already looking to sell him(reg flag maybe?). She says her mother is ill and she will be moving to be with her etc. etc. to take care of her. Which I understand. The lady says he eats all his fruits and veggies well, is already talking(which is least on my list but thought I'd mention), and is even feather tether trained. I do like how she was honest and told me that when she trimmed his flight feathers he did pick his back feathers a bit but has now stopped(I like a lot of history so I know what I'm potentially getting into).

One of the main reasons I am considering him is, hes not necessarily a rescue(as far as I know), but not necessarily buying a baby from a breeder either. I'm just not 100%, so.... what's your opinion?

Thank you all very much

prettyBird

Hi. A Re-home is bought with the heart, you have to work with them to nurture them to their fullest, not the same as a new fledge who is open to molding. We would never turn down a Re-home, the rewards are too Greyt....Jayd

If you are open to this guy joining your flock, I am sure you will not be disappointed. At such a young age, he won't have too much baggage. My rehomed Grey is VERY different from the baby amazon I will be bringing home soon. I can't imagine life without either!

I have three parrots, two greys that I have had since weaned. My amazon was about 2 when I got him and it has taken a while for him to trust me. Honestly however, he is the favorite of anyone else who knows my three parrots. His antics and general personality have imbedded him into everyone's heart as the favorite. So my suggestion is to go with your heart and see where it leads you.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, hes still very young indeed. The lady who is giving him up seems to really want whats best from him and sounds like she really loved him. I'm not at all intimidated by what little "baggage" he might have. Especially since hes nine months! Oh the little baby!

Update is; we're going to see him sometime this weekend(have to call to set in stone). ;) I'm so excited!! And ti solves my little nagger in the back of my head whenever I see a baby from a breeder; "You know theres other unwanted bird out there...."

Baby might be coming home!!!!!!