NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

oil problem

nukewalla

last week my CAG got into a mess. he started playing with my moms hair oil and some came on his back i gave him many showers but the oil still doesn't come off. can any suggest me on what to do or will the oil go away by itself. Also sometimes when i give him my hand to step up he sometimes put one foot on it and then starts regurgitating. i don't know what that means and sometimes i get nervous can some tell me

thank you

the standard for de -oiling birds is to wash with a drop or two of Dawn detergent then rinse well. It does sound like he needs a Veterinarian to care for him as some ingredients other than oil are in the hair concoction and he sounds like he is in some distress. Your bird may be a bit toxic-please get him to the Vet they can clean him safely as well if he is strong enough for such treatment.

the standard for de -oiling birds is to wash with a drop or two of Dawn detergent then rinse well. It does sound like he needs a Veterinarian to care for him as some ingredients other than oil are in the hair concoction and he sounds like he is in some distress. Your bird may be a bit toxic-please get him to the Vet they can clean him safely as well if he is strong enough for such treatment.

ok thanx but my mom uses only canola oil i dont think that has any other ingredients in there but i will have him checked by a vet. i am not sure if he is in distress because he seems very happy talking and playing with me, bit just to be safe i will have him checked by a vet

Excellent advice, we've used Regular Dawn since it came out.......